The Proud of Tanzania Foundation (PoTF) a charity for helping orphans and people living in vulnerable environments in Tanzania participated in the large annual meeting of Civil Society Organizations, CSO Week 2022, held at the Arusha International Conference Center from 24-28 October 2022. More than 480 participants represented members of various civil society groups of NGOs that exist in Tanzania. This year’s conference was interesting because PoTF participated for the first time. The theme of the conference was “People’s Development, People’s Stories“. The CSOs as speakers of the people’s voices to the Government are the main bodies that carry the voice of the people in solving the development problems they face in particular the marginalize communities.
Among the key areas we discussed:
- Addressing the Society Challenges for Sustainable Development
- CSO’s Solidarity in Solving the Peoples Challenges
- Strategies for projects Implementation
- Collaboration with Development Partners
- Financial Resilience, Resources Capability and Sustainability
- Integrity, Transparency, Compliances and Management of Resources funds